Timing belts play a major role when it comes to your BMW engine. They are responsible for synchronizing the crankshaft and camshaft rotation, so the engine's valves open and close at the correct time.
Timing Belt Maintenance
Most BMW models use a timing belt that requires replacement every 60,000 to 100,000 miles. Of course, mileage can vary depending on the model of your vehicle, so it's important to check your owner's manual for specific recommendations.
Signs of a Failing Timing Belt
There are several signs that your BMW timing belt may be failing. Some of the most common signs include:
- Engine misfires or stalls
- Engine won't start
- Ticking or rattling noise coming from the engine
- Oil leaking from the front of the engine
- A warning light pops up on the dashboard
If you experience any of these symptoms, you will want to perform an inspection as soon as possible. A failing timing belt can cause serious engine damage.
Shop and Save on Genuine BMW Timing Belts
If you own a BMW and need a new timing belt, you've come to the right place. At BMWOEMParts.com, we offer a wide range of genuine BMW parts and accessories to help you maintain and repair your vehicle. Feel free to browse our inventory and place an online order. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- ActiveHybrid 7,
No results found for "timing belt". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!